March 4 – April 24
This group provides an overview of what DH is and how it can enhance your research and teaching. Each week we will read several articles or book chapters, explore digital projects, and get our hands dirty as we learn how to use digital tools. Our discussions will interrogate the underlying epistemologies of the practices and theories we’re investigating that week, as well as how those tools and approaches support our scholarship and pedagogy, specifically.
- Understand what DH is
- Develop interest in a specific area that enhances your own work
- Determine the next steps to explore that area further
- Prepare you to lead your own discovery group within your college or in your broader discipline across the 7Cs
This reading group will also prepare you to submit applications for the Mellon-funded
- Course Development Grants
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute at the Claremont Colleges
This introductory reading group will be offered again in Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more details!